Computational Thinking for Educators
About the project
Eğitmenler İçin Bilgi İşlemsel Düşünme is the Turkish version of the successful online course Computational Thinking for Educators created by Google. This MOOC, framed in the proyect Keşf@ Bilinçli İnternet Hareketi Projesi (Project for Conscious Internet Use) and promoted by the Istanbul National Provincial Directorate of Education, Google, and the Internet Development Board, aimss to help teachers to become familiar with computational thinking, learn about its differences from computing, and discover how it can be integrated into a wide variety of educational settings.
- Internet-related basics
- Use and role of the Internet in everyday life
- Quick and effective methods to access information through the Internet
- Reliable criteria of web resources
- Basic rules for “digital citizens”
- Manage of fingerprint and online reputation
- Strong password generation methods
- Protection against the different dangers that we can find on the Internet
This project was officially presented in Ankara-Haymana before more than 200 professors in the field of computational thinking during the Training Presentation Days dedicated to educators related to Information Technology and Software.